Crossway Estates Privacy Notice tells you what information we obtain and hold about you whether you are initially applying to us for a tenancy or if you become a tenant, resident or guarantor, it explains what information we collect, why we collect it, and what we do with it, as well as who we share it with. We collect and handle personal information about our tenants and residents and prospective tenants and residents along with any guarantors to enable us to provide residential accommodation. This includes dealing with applications for tenancies, checking the suitability of tenants, residents along with any guarantors (including credit, immigration and similar referencing checks), arranging lettings, property management (including dealing with repairs), rent collection, dealing with any complaints, maintaining our accounts and records, tenancy terminations and administering tenancy deposits.
Who we are
Our website address is: http://crosswayestates.com
Our addresses are:
Crossway Estates Summerville Office: 65 Daisy Bank Road, Victoria Park, M14 5QL
Crossway Estates Didsbury Office, 9 Crossway, Didsbury, M20 6TU
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Typically, Crossway Estates collect:
|1. First Name|
|2. Middle Name|
|4. Date of Birth|
|5. Present Address|
|6. Residential Status|
|7. Previous Addresses|
|8. Landlord Details|
|10. UK National|
|11. Primary ID*|
|12. Proof of Deposit|
|13. Employers Name|
|14. Email Address|
|15. Phone Numbers|
|16. Marital Status|
|18. Employers Address|
|19. Employer Phone Number|
|21. Bank Details|
1.1. Methods of Collection
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embeddd location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
In the general conduct of business, Crossway Estates collects information relevant to the service being offered from:
- next of kin
- spouse / partner / family member
Such information will generally be collected directly via the use of any of our standard forms, over the internet, via email, in our branches or through a telephone conversation with you. We may also collect personal information through our affiliates or suppliers, e.g. Manchester Student Homes, Spareroom, Accommodation for Students, etc.
In addition, you may choose to submit information directly to us via several methods, including:
- through Crossway Estates and affiliates websites
- in response to marketing or other communications
- through social media, e.g. Whatsapp/ text
- by signing up for a Crossway Estates service
1.2. Purposes of Collection
Generally, we will collect, use and hold your information for the purposes of:
- Assessing applications for and providing Crossway Estates products / services
- Conducting business
- Process payments / transactions including: Accounting, Authorisation,
Clearing, Chargebacks, Auditing, Billing, Reconciliation, Collection,
Complaints, Enquiries, Credit Checks and related dispute resolution activities
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorised transactions, money laundering (please see below), tax evasion, claims, other liabilities and manage risk exposure and agent /franchise quality, integrity, compliance and security of business processes
- Create and manage any accounts you may have with Crossway Estates
- Operate, monitor, evaluate and improve our products, services, websites, mobile applications, other digital assets and business.
Comply with industry standards and Crossway Estates policies 00
1.3. Lawful basis of processing
Crossway Estates processes your information under the following
- Performance of a contract: where you enter into a contract with Crossway Estates and we need to process your information as part of this contract
- Legitimate interests: some information is processed by Crossway Estates as part of its legitimate interests.
- Public interest: some information is processed in accordance public interest such as obtaining or providing references.
- Consent: where we process information under consent we will seek you clear and unambiguous consent prior to processing your data.
2. Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice or as indicated via the consent process at the time the data is collected. We share the information we collect with, but not limited to:
- Landlords and landlord associates and sub processors
- Additionally, we may share information about you, if required legally, to prevent harm or financial / reputation loss, for investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activities.
2.1 How long do we keep information for
We will keep information for a reasonable amount of time in order to perform the purposes listed above.
We only keep your information for as long as necessary. We generally keep personal information for 7 years after last contact with you. However Crossway Estates reserves the right to keep information for longer if we feel that this is in the legitimate interests of Crossway Estates. e
2.2 Your Rights and Choices
Consent: where we process information under consent we will seek you clear and unambiguous consent prior to processing your data.
2.3 Access and Correction
You may have the right to:
- obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you
- request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you
- receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you
2.4 Update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information
If you feel that the information we hold about you in incorrect or inaccurate you can contact us outlining the information you feel is incorrect of inaccurate
If we refuse to correct your personal information, we will provide you with a written notice that sets out the reasons for our refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those reasons) and provide you with a statement regarding the mechanisms available to you to make a complaint.
2.5 Object to the processing of your personal information
If you would like to object to any processing of your information by Crossway Estates, you can contact us outlining what processing of information you would like to object to.
2.6 Have the information blocked, anonymised or deleted
If you would like Crossway Estates to delete, block or anonymise information we hold about you, you can contact us outlining what information you would like deleted, blocked or anonymised.
To update your preferences, submit a request to access, update, correct or delete your personal information, please contact us as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below.
2.7 Withdrawal of consent
If we obtain your information by consent you have the right to withdraw any consent you previously provided to us.
If we process your information under legitimate interest you can object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information.
3 How to Contact Us / Complaints and Feedback
- make a complaint about a breach of your personal information, applicable privacy laws / principles or a concern about Crossway Estates privacy practices
- would like access and/or update information or preferences you provided to us,
You also may e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us at:
Crossway Estates 9 Crossway Didsbury Manchester M20 6TU
3.1 How We Protect Personal Information
The security of your personal information is very important and Crossway Estates is committed to protecting the information we collect. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide, or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Crossway Estates stores personal information only for as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the personal information was collected, unless otherwise required or authorised by applicable law. We take measures to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if required by law or if the personal information is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it.
4 Updating this privacy statement
We will update this statement from time to time so we suggest that you review this statement at regular intervals. Where we undergo substantial changes to our privacy statement we will endeavour to inform you directly about these changes.